The North Battleford Library Board is aware of the need for accommodation of meetings for groups and committees. It feels that making available such accommodation to the public is an additional service which the library may render to the citizens of North Battleford. The Lecture Theatre and Meeting Room are available chiefly to groups promoting cultural and educational activities. Those which are library sponsored are given priority. Interested individuals, Service clubs, and other organizations may rent the facilities if the activity will not disturb the regular business of the library.
The library retains the right to cancel a reservation in order to use the room for library purposes; or if it appears that any meeting will be contrary to public library policy. No group or organization will be permitted use of any room if it appears that the contemplated use would be a clear and present danger to the library, its occupants, or the community.
The Librarian, or designated representative, may waive any fees or regulations if in his/her judgment conditions warrant this action. All such waivers must be reported at the next Library Board Meeting. Lakeland Headquarters and the City of North Battleford are exempt from fees provided their use of room is within library open hours.
Rentals will be for 4-hour sessions. Set up and clean-up must be within the rental
a. $25.00 per session to a maximum of $50.00 per day.
b. When admission is charged the rental rate will be $30.00 per session, to a
maximum of $60.00 per day.
c. $100.00 per session to a maximum of $200.00 per day.
d. When admission is charged, the rental rate will be $120.00 per session to a
maximum of $240.00 per day.
e. A $60 security fee is applicable for room rental outside of library hours.
f. A $20 fee is charged for use of the LCD projector.
3) A deposit equal to the minimum rental charge of the room may be charged at the
discretion of the Head Librarian. The deposit may be paid either with cash or with a
separate cheque. The deposit will be returned if the room is left clean and undamaged.
1) Room rental applications can only be made by completing the Meeting Room Application form. Each request will be considered individually, and charges are payable at the time of booking.
2) Rooms are assigned in order of receipt of application. If space is available, recurring reservations will be accepted.
3) Reservations that are not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance of the event’s start time will not be refunded.
a. Requests for time changes to confirmed evening and weekend bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the event’s booked start time. Failure to provide notice at least 48 hours in advance will result in forfeiture of the rental fee.
4) Groups using the library meeting rooms may charge admission, but the rental fee will be increased to reflect this charge. Selling memberships to your group is allowed, providing the memberships are available to any person without restrictions.
5) Meeting rooms and their contents must be left in neat and orderly condition. Signs promoting use of the rented room may be affixed only to the community bulletin board. Groups using the rooms assume responsibility and liabilities for any damage to rooms or content as well as any theft of furnishings or equipment.
a. A rental deposit may be asked of the renter by the library if there are reasonable grounds the room will not be left in the neat and orderly condition it was rented out in.
6) All forms of smoking are not permitted anywhere in the library.
7) No alcoholic beverages may be served. Only unbreakable and re-sealable containers (provided by the room renters) may be used to serve beverages.
8) No activity may interfere with the regular business of the library.
9) Renters may not present themselves as representatives of the library, nor may they use the library’s logo to promote their event.
10) Attendance may be no more than the maximum number certified by the Fire Department as the occupancy limit, which is 150 for the Lecture Theatre and 20 for the Meeting Room.
11) Library furniture and equipment is not available for use outside the library under any circumstances.
If the above rules are not observed, further use of the library meeting rooms may be denied and/or an extra charge may be levied.
Hours, as determined by the North Battleford Library Board, are posted in the library and on the library’s website.
Fees are determined by the North Battleford Library Board. Current fees are available for viewing at the front desk, and on the library’s website.
Approved: October 12, 1994 by the North Battleford Library Board
Amended: April 24, 2018